Saturday, January 9, 2016

Taking Shape & Staying Motivated


By June 2010 things were really taking shape.  The two wings of the Villa went up first, then we tackled the center portion which holds the kitchen, common area, and on the level below the game room and laundry.
I am sure that people watching the build-out from afar were wondering just what we were up to, what this place was going to look like. But for me, who knew what it was going to be, it was exciting to see my dream take form day-by-day. And at the same time, was the realization that there was a lot more work to be done. As the building was going up, I also took some time to tend to the landscaping. We planted various flowers and foods along the winding path up to the Villa from the road below.

And one of the things that would keep us motivated was seeing those spectacular rainbows as they framed the work we were doing. What kinds of things keep you motivated when you are involved in a huge, laborious task? What would you like to have around to keep you motivated (keep it clean)?

Built Tough Against Nature's Beauty

Once the beams were up; then came the floors and walls. We used cement blocks for the walls. This is really hard labor. Again, hats off to the crew for making sure it was done right, so we would have an excellent structure that is safe and secure for our guests.

You can see from the pictures, steel continued to be an integral part of the construction process. As I took pictures of the construction, it was natural for me to make sure I got the scenery in the pictures. I want you to see what it will be like as a visitor enjoying the surroundings. When I share pictures with my friends, they all say how much they would like to visit and experience this serenity first hand.

What do you think of this setting as a place for vacation? Do you think it will help you relax and really "get away?"

No comments:

Post a Comment